After assembling and making more improvements, we took the body rig outside for a test run in the elements. We noticed the fixture for holding the iPhone, an old lamp head removed from the base, continued to flop down over time. We liked the lamp head because it would articulate to different positions but it wasn’t stable enough to hold the various positions for long. It wasn’t focusing on the face as we desired if the wearer moved around with it.
This is what the footage looked like with the floppy camera. It wasn’t ideal and it was clear that we had to continue to make a few changes to our prototype.